Island Food Video: The "Na" Plants

Sometimes it can feel like every plant and bush around you in Vanuatu is edible, and it's almost true!

I've already done a video highlighting a ton of fruits that you can find in Vanuatu. However, in that video, I was sure to leave out all the "Na" plants, because I wanted to highlight them all on their own!

There are loads of trees and bushes in Vanuatu that start with "Na" in Bislama, and I've collected a majority of them here in this video*. I've included their English names as well as their latin names for reference. 

It was fun to shoot this video and watch the girls fearlessly climb the trees and stand on branches just to grab a small snack from Mother Nature!



*I'm still missing nandao, naduledule and nakavika, but I hope to get video of them when they're in season and add them to this!

Comments

Popular Posts